From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 From: cashmere To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems Subject: Re: What do you self host? Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 22:00:26 +0000 Message-ID: <0a48767aa9d4fc7ad4fb1e3ed1947d08@bbs.copland.systems> In-Reply-To: References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MIME-Version: 1.0 I am interested in the services you are going to host. Do you have some heavy services that you could replace with simpler alternati= ves? For example, Jellyfin and the *arr stack in general were very annoying to set= up, migrate, and configure, at least for me. I like to have my shows in Germ= an and English, and while it was possible to set that up at some point, I jus= t made a cut there. My replacement nowadays is just to SSH into my VPS, downl= oad the stuff I need, and then stream the media I want over SSHFS and mpv. While it involves some "manual work," it removed for me all the overhead and = annoyances I had previously. --=20 https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/0a48767aa9