From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 From: jturgeon To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems Subject: What do you self host? Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2026 22:58:40 +0000 Message-ID: <6770a6ba2489807f3c27ff6e17cc316a@bbs.copland.systems> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MIME-Version: 1.0 The talk about self-hosting email has sparked my interest in what others self= -host. I understand people self-host things for the love of the game, but I'm= more interested in services that are practical to self-host, and hold a purp= ose in an individuals life/workflow/etc. I self-host my website, git repos (on website) and that's about it at the mom= ent. I want to self-host more of the services I use so I'm not reliant on a p= rovider (if practical), but I also don't want to spend hours configuring and = maintaining things. I have NUC device with a N100 CPU, which could probably d= o the job for some basic services. Things I pay for and would rather self-host: * Storage (NFS, Samba) * Password Manager * Music - I'm a Spotify user, I really like the discoverability feature which= has stopped me from using anything else. --=20 https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/6770a6ba24