From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 From: cashmere To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems Subject: Re: fnox - Gone are the days of .env Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2026 20:14:42 +0000 Message-ID: In-Reply-To: References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MIME-Version: 1.0 I can see the value in non-Nix/Guix environments or in working with other cor= porates. As an example, my GPG identity is very tied to my machines and workflow. I si= gn commits, use it for authentication, privilege escalation, password-store m= anagement, my Nitrokey is basically just a GPG card (I don't even use the Web= Authn/FIDO features) and maybe some other little things I forgot to mention. I'm very attached to this setup, and every time I have to use a new machine w= ithout it I start to hate myself for being so dependent on GPG. Added to that= , it's not as easy to set up as just enabling some services and being good to= go. While I don't have a reason yet to use it, I see why it can be very appealing= for secrets management, especially as they support age for encryption, which= is really easy to use. --=20 https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/b22efdc0a7