COPLAND.SYSTEMS BBS
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
From: cashmere <bbs@bbs.copland.systems>
To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems
Subject: Re: What do you self host?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 22:00:26 +0000	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <0a48767aa9d4fc7ad4fb1e3ed1947d08@bbs.copland.systems> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <dec70e555b3f63c4fc7bc38fdd2b60c8@bbs.copland.systems>

I am interested in the services you are going to host.

Do you have some heavy services that you could replace with simpler alternatives?

For example, Jellyfin and the *arr stack in general were very annoying to set up, migrate, and configure, at least for me. I like to have my shows in German and English, and while it was possible to set that up at some point, I just made a cut there. My replacement nowadays is just to SSH into my VPS, download the stuff I need, and then stream the media I want over SSHFS and mpv.

While it involves some "manual work," it removed for me all the overhead and annoyances I had previously.

-- 
https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/0a48767aa9

      reply	other threads:[~2026-09-13 22:00 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages / expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed  top
2026-09-02 22:58 What do you self host? jturgeon
2026-09-03  1:41 ` joshuablais
2026-09-04 18:37 ` mattken
2026-09-10 23:29   ` SquatnDog
2026-09-11 19:32 ` cashmere
2026-09-13 20:38   ` joshuablais
2026-09-13 22:00     ` cashmere [this message]

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=0a48767aa9d4fc7ad4fb1e3ed1947d08@bbs.copland.systems \
    --to=bbs@bbs.copland.systems \
    /path/to/YOUR_REPLY

  https://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html

* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line before the message body.
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).