COPLAND.SYSTEMS BBS
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
From: joshuablais <bbs@bbs.copland.systems>
To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems
Subject: Re: What do you self host?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2026 01:41:10 +0000	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <e8305b8be7a455ecd2a76ce902a28294@bbs.copland.systems> (raw)
In-Reply-To: <6770a6ba2489807f3c27ff6e17cc316a@bbs.copland.systems>

I essentially self host everything that I possibly can that makes sense to do so. I still use Spotify, but in the coming months that will be the last subscription I cut. 

All three of the things you mentioned are what I would classify as "very self hostable" in that you can easily get them local or on a VPS. I'd recommend password-store for password manager, storage, any S3 compatible object storage or storage box will do.

-- 
https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/e8305b8be7

  reply	other threads:[~2026-09-03  1:41 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages / expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed  top
2026-09-02 22:58 What do you self host? jturgeon
2026-09-03  1:41 ` joshuablais [this message]
2026-09-04 18:37 ` mattken
2026-09-10 23:29   ` SquatnDog
2026-09-11 19:32 ` cashmere
2026-09-13 20:38   ` joshuablais
2026-09-13 22:00     ` cashmere

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=e8305b8be7a455ecd2a76ce902a28294@bbs.copland.systems \
    --to=bbs@bbs.copland.systems \
    /path/to/YOUR_REPLY

  https://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html

* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line before the message body.
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).