COPLAND.SYSTEMS BBS
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
From: jturgeon <bbs@bbs.copland.systems>
To: bbs@bbs.copland.systems
Subject: What do you self host?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2026 22:58:40 +0000	[thread overview]
Message-ID: <6770a6ba2489807f3c27ff6e17cc316a@bbs.copland.systems> (raw)

The talk about self-hosting email has sparked my interest in what others self-host. I understand people self-host things for the love of the game, but I'm more interested in services that are practical to self-host, and hold a purpose in an individuals life/workflow/etc.

I self-host my website, git repos (on website) and that's about it at the moment. I want to self-host more of the services I use so I'm not reliant on a provider (if practical), but I also don't want to spend hours configuring and maintaining things. I have NUC device with a N100 CPU, which could probably do the job for some basic services.

Things I pay for and would rather self-host:

* Storage (NFS, Samba)
* Password Manager
* Music - I'm a Spotify user, I really like the discoverability feature which has stopped me from using anything else.

-- 
https://bbs.copland.systems/forumpost/6770a6ba24

             reply	other threads:[~2026-09-02 22:58 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages / expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed  top
2026-09-02 22:58 jturgeon [this message]
2026-09-03  1:41 ` What do you self host? joshuablais
2026-09-04 18:37 ` mattken
2026-09-10 23:29   ` SquatnDog
2026-09-11 19:32 ` cashmere
2026-09-13 20:38   ` joshuablais
2026-09-13 22:00     ` cashmere

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=6770a6ba2489807f3c27ff6e17cc316a@bbs.copland.systems \
    --to=bbs@bbs.copland.systems \
    /path/to/YOUR_REPLY

  https://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html

* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line before the message body.
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).